Monday, June 16, 2008

BOTB: The Devil You Know

I admit it; I have a few internet friends and quite a few internet acquaintances. What I find interesting is that there is one thing in common for most people who I meet online. They're either stay at home parents/ husbands/wives OR they fucking hate their job and do everything in their power to avoid work. A few people like their jobs, but most of us spend 90% of the day avoiding the work we’re supposed to do.

Is it just me? Are my friends pathetic? Or does everyone hate their job?

I know I hate my job. I can't stand it. I dred Sunday afternoons because I know Monday is close at hand so really I can only truly enjoy one day a week. Not cool. What pisses me off most is that I'm pretty damn sure that if I got another job I would hate it just as much so pretty much I'm screwed and stuck being miserable. I’d rather stick with the devil I know, but he’s still the fucking devil.

I have just under fifty years left of the torture that is get up, go to work, come home, eat, go to bed. Talk about a depressing life. Someone shoot me now. Please.

No comments: