Tuesday, June 17, 2008

SAHW: That's not in my job description

You wanna know the single most reason why I AM OVER WEDDINGS...?

I can't get away from them!!!

My friends, soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Pibb are getting married this summer and I am in their wedding. Don't get me wrong. It's a complete honor (at least that's what I keep telling myself) but remember what I said about weddings before? Something happens. The world stops for the bride and she lives in a bubble. Within that bubble is her own reality and she has no FREAKING CLUE what is going on in the outside world. Sensibility and manners just go out the window!

Her bachelorette party is quickly approaching and for some reason I am the one who got stuck with planning this shit. Uh excuse me?? I am not the Maid of Honor. I am the bridesmaid. This isn't in my job description. Isn't this the Maid of Honor's job? Isn't that why she got the coveted title, she gets to wear something different than the other bridesmaids, why she gets to stand next to the bride on her wedding day?

You know what really makes me cringe? When brides "expect" things from their bridesmaids. I booked Mrs. Pibb's massage and emailed her to let her know that it was all taken care of. Isn't that what good little bridesmaids do? She promptly emails me, directs me to the website and the most expensive massage as the one she wants. WHAT.THE.FUCK?? Do I look like I am made of money? You're the one that got the 1 carat engagement ring, not me!

I realize that being a bridesmaid costs money. I get that. I was a bride before but maybe my expectations of my bridesmaids were a little lower: buy the dress, buy the shoes, celebrate my last night of singleness with me affording what you can (Shit I even paid for my Matron of Honor's spa day because she didn't have the fundage) and stand by me on my wedding day. I NEVER MADE DEMANDS! After reading her email I didn't know what to say.

And the cherry on top is that the Maid of Honor never returned my phone call.

2x.

2 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

OMG I so hear you on this.

Anonymous said...

I don't get the whole bridezilla mentality at all, being wed by the J.O.P doesn't do that to a girl lol. Some of these women need to get over themselves already.